Something I have asked myself a lot lately is "Am I living my life the way I'm supposed to be?" I don't think I'm doing anything obviously wrong, but sometimes it's the small and subtle things that can be most detrimental to our happiness. I remember when I was in Primary and Young Women's, the question was always presented "If the Savior came today would you be ready?" The answer is, I don't know, and that's been on my mind a lot. I want, like most of us, for that answer to be without a doubt "YES!", but we're all human and all make mistakes. I was reading a friends blog the other day and she was talking about the Primary Program they had in her ward. She was saying how they ended with a great song and ever since, the words to that song have been on my mind.
If the Savior Stood Beside Me
If the Savior stood beside me, would I do the things I do? Would I think of His commandments and try harder to be true? Would I follow His example? Would I live more righteously if I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?
If the Savior stood beside me, would I say the things I say? Would my words be true and kind if He were never far away? Would I try to share the gospel? Would I speak more reverently if I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?
He is always near me though I do not see Him there, and because He loves me dearly, I am in His watchful care. So I'll be the kind of person that I know I'd like to be if I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me.
I love this song, but I especially love the last verse. We don't need the Savior standing next to us to act the way we need to. We should be acting that way every day. The Savior is always watching over us so why not be the best we can be? The Savior loves us, He is watching over us, He wants us to be happy and wants us to help make His other children happy. I'm going to do more than think about whether or not I'm living my life righteously. I'm actually going to make an effort to live every day better than the day before, knowing that the Savior is watching me and blessing me for that effort.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
If the Savior stood beside me
Posted by Kayla at 8:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
I played the piano for primary this year and this song has to be my favorite primary song ever. I love the words and the music and the sweet spirit that comes when the children sing it.
Post a Comment