I just thought I would take a minute and share my gratitude for life. I know this may seem like it's random or kind of out of place, but it's something I've been thinking about alot lately. I have the opportunity to see how short life is through my work. So many times death is sudden and unexpected. I was just reading the obituary of a child who passed away at just 1 month old. I can't even imagine the pain that family must be going through or how grateful they are for the month they were able to spend with their beautiful angel.
Every time I hear of a loss of a good person, especially one who is so young and has so much life left to live, it makes me grateful for my life. I know I don't have the best health ever, but my life has never been in jeapordy. I have realized several times, through the health of some very close family members, that life is short and that we need to do everything we can today and not always count on tomorrow. I am grateful that up to this point there has always been a tomorrow for those I love, but I realize that at some point there won't be a tomorrow for everyone.
I just want us all to take a few minutes sometime soon and think of all of things we've been blessed with. Think of the people we love and tell them that we love them. Think of the friends and family members that are closest to us and appreciate every minute we have with them. Please remember to be grateful for life, because it's short and you never know when the tomorrows will run out!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Gratitude
Posted by Kayla at 2:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Often when we complain, we simply are not taking the time to see how much good is in our lives. I love the song 'Count Your Many Blessings' because it is a good reminder for us all.
Post a Comment