I was walking my dogs on one of those fine, sunny autumn days we've been having. I passed an old, log house that is in our neighborhood---one of those quaint, rustic homes that has been here forever and ever, but now looks out of place with the new development that has crowded around in recent years. This log house is surrounded by dozens of mature trees---many of them Cottonwoods that are 50 feet tall, or more. Everywhere on the sidewalk were the colorful leaves that had fallen as the nights have gotten cooler and the days shorter. My feet rustled in the sea of golden color. Then, in front of me I noticed one lone, solitary green leaf sitting atop a layer of amber leaves. It looked as if someone had placed it there deliberately to be seen. The contrast of green and amber was quite striking. Even more spectacular was that the green leaf was a perfect heart shape!
Upon witnessing this beautiful and miraculous scene, I immediately thought about how much our Father in Heaven loves us and how He blesses us in ways large and small. Often, in the hustle of our daily lives, we don't see the love that is right there in front of us, freely given, until we are STILL and LOOK with eyes willing to see.

So today, I challenge each of us to become more aware of the beauty that surrounds us. For, in that beauty we see the hand of God in all things and we can feel of His love for us, His precious children and most divine creations.
Friday, November 5, 2010
All things denote there is a God who loves us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment