I know that Melanie started this blog and I hope I'm not out of line for this post. I want to issue a challenge to all of the contributors, myself included. When this blog first started we were all so excited and posted often. Then the posts started to taper off and now they've stopped. I was the last person to post here and that was in November (besides today). And I may be most guilty of not making time to post here and not even thinking about this blog at times. I promise I'm not pointing fingers. I just think we all need to make a new resolve to share our thoughts, feelings, testimonies and experiences.
I know from personal experience that the posts on this blog have at times softened my heart and been an answer to my prayers. I also know from reading comments that have been left by readers, that this blog has helped others, even strangers, the same way it's helped me. So why aren't we posting? Is it because we've had a lack of spiritual experiences? Is it because we've lost our testimonies? Is it because we don't have any good spiritual thoughts or scriptures to share? The answer to these questions is "NO", at least for me. I've neglected posting because I've been too busy, or didn't want to take the time to write down my thoughts, or at times because I've forgotten this blog was here. I am guessing it's probably the same for all of you.
So here is my challenge. I challenge each and every one of us, myself at the top of the list, to try to post more. I know we all have hectic lives with too many things pulling us in too many directions, but let this blog be one of those directions. Even if it's just a scripture or a little thought. And even if it's just once a month. Just don't let this blog fall neglected. There are too many people out there who can benefit from your thoughts and testimonies. I truly believe that because I've been one of those who have benefited.
Like I said, I hope none of you think I'm rude or inappropriate for posting this. And I am at the very top of the list of people I'm talking to. I just hope we all try a little harder and make a little more time to make this blog what it once was. I believe Melanie was inspired to start this blog. Sharing our testimonies is one of the best ways we can missionaries. You never know who you can help by just sharing your thoughts.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
A Challenge
Posted by Kayla at 9:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Thanks for the reminder, Kayla! I was trying to post more regularly, so I was really surprised to read that it's been since November since anybody posted. I don't think you're out of line at all. I'm definitely going to make more of an effort. And I definitely have a wealth of thoughts I'd like to discuss after listening to General Conference. How many great things could we talk about just from that??? :o)
Thanks Kayla, I am glad to know people care about it. I have gotten lazy and then just started thinking that nobody really cares about it or reads it anyway. Probably workings of the adversary....
Anyway, I will refresh my attitude and get posting again! (but maybe not until next week or so - I am potty training my daughter. ugh.)
I was once upon a time a contributer in a group writing project called "The Wates of Mormon". It started out strong and had some fabulous stuff! Over time, however, we drifted away from it one by one. It is now defunct and is no longer available online. All that wonderful writing is lost.
I would encourage you to KEEP WRITING. Even if you step away from it from time to time, keep coming back. You never know when the words you post are going to be exacatly what some struggling soul may need to regain confidence or rediscover matters of the spirit.
I know. I found you.
Post a Comment