Matthew 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
My dad has been sick. Today he was supposed to have surgery, but instead was rushed into the emergency room and was admitted to the hospital. Today has been one of the craziest days since my dad got sick. But today, even through the chaos, I learned a very important lesson. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." My dad lives this every day, and I am so envious of him for being able to be so strong. And today he was paid back for his love and service.
The hospital my dad is a patient in is the same hospital he works at. My dad is the most genuine and sincere person I have ever met. He makes friends with everyone. He treats people in the most Christ like way, and he never asks for anything in return. He is just like that. But today he got his return. I was amazed at the amount of people who stopped by to see my dad. The CEO, his nurses, several doctors, friends from every floor of the hospital, housekeepers, the cafeteria workers, his Fire Chief, firefighter friends, family, my roommates, cousins, neighbors. My family was not alone. So many people were there for us, and they did it, not out of obligation, but because they love my dad so much that they wanted to be there for him the way he has been there for them.
My dad is the perfect example of selfless love and Christ like service. He is my hero and my best friend. I know we'll make it through this. I know my Heavenly Father loves me and my family. If anyone deserves all the blessings in the world, it's my dad. He would never ask, and if he could help someone from his hospital bed, he would. That is the true love of a father, a son, and a friend.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
In good hands, in good company
Posted by Kayla at 2:41 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Your dad is great, and I hope that he is well soon.
Kayla, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's health problems. That's wonderful that so many people came to show how much they care about him. "To have a good friend, you need to be a good friend" is such a cliche, but things become cliche for a reason. Your dad is a great example of someone who was a good friend, who now has many good friends.
Post a Comment